Why do I have to study English?

Why do I have to study English?

I’ve been studying English so hard since last August. It’s been seven months. I’ve tried studying it at least 3hours every day except that I went to travel. At first I focused on reading books and learning new words from the books, but it was difficult to memorize the words with that method and it took lots of time. These days I read an article every day instead of reading books.

Today, I’ve thought about that why I have to study English.

There are two main reasons. First of all, I am going to travel all over the world after my husband will retire. I’ve travelled to many places, but I still have lots of places that I want to visit and see. My husband has a plan that he will retire when he will be 60. He’s been running his own dental clinic for 24 years at the same place. I respect him because I couldn’t do that. He wants to live footloose and fancy free when he retires.

He also likes travelling, but the problem is he can’t speak English. When we travelled abroad and a clerk or a waiter came up to us for helping, he just looked the other way. Recently he is interested in English, but I think he is so busy and his English level is the same as a toddler. I don’t mean to insult him. That’s true.

The second reason is my daughter’s boyfriend is Canadian. Luckily, we’ve met him last January. He visited Korea to meet us and stayed at my house. I want to communicate with him and this is one another reason.

There are tons of benefits to study a foreign language.

Let’s do it and do not give up until you can speak it eloquently.

0