My favourite book

My favourite book

reading
literature
language learning
culture
hobbies

In my first post in the English language, I just want to tell you about a short summary of a book that I like very much.

My favourite book is called “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho. I read this well-known book last summer. It’s not a very long book. In fact, I read it in less than a week.

The story is mainly set in the south of Spain, from where a young shepherd takes a trip to the Egyptian desert with the purpose of finding a treasure hidden in the ancient pyramids.

The main character is that young shepherd called Santiago who meets a huge variety of people that help him to know himself better and to deal with lots of issues that appear throughout the book.

I really like this book given that it gives you an optimistic perspective about how to go after your dreams. Moreover, it seems to me so inspiring how the way Santiago finds his destination is told.

I'm preparing the B2 Cambridge exam in a private academy and I had to write a short description of my favourite book, so I wrote that. Do you think it fits to the B2 level?

Thanks for reading.

0