08.15.2024

08.15.2024

Today, I was up at the crack of dawn, right at four in the morning. Surprisingly, I wasn’t feeling the slightest bit groggy; it was like my brain decided, “Enough is enough!” Everyone else in the room was still dead to the world, and I wasn’t about to be the jerk who woke them up. So, I grabbed my phone and jumped into a few rounds of chess. I managed to snag two victories but also took two L's. After that, I switched gears to Brawl Stars, but that got old fast, so I slipped out of the room like a ninja.

The hall was as quiet as a mouse, but the lights were still on. I made a beeline for the exit, itching to get outside, but no dice—the building was locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Not one to give up easily, I headed to the back of the building where I knew there was a room with a window that practically begged to be opened. So, guess what I did? Yep, I squeezed through it like a cat sneaking out at night. I was smooth as silk—no one heard a thing.

Out in the fresh morning air, I wandered around the camp’s grounds, soaking in the early morning vibes. A couple of hours later, the camp finally started to stir, and the doors were flung open. By then, I’d already had my fill of a refreshing walk and was the first to say good morning to the birds.

When it was time for everyone to rise and shine, I freshened up by brushing my teeth and washing my face. Breakfast was chicken, which was decent, but the real kicker was the wind that came out of nowhere, blowing like it was trying to knock the camp off the map! I half-expected to see someone get swept away. After that excitement, we kicked off our usual German classes, diving into the ins and outs of Zurich and how to navigate it.

But the weather had other plans—just as we wrapped up class, the heavens opened, and it started raining cats and dogs. With no chance of going outside, I hunkered down and played games with my roommates. It wasn’t until evening that the rain let up, and we finally got to step outside for a walk.

1