DIY

DIY

fiction

Freddie took a swig of his beer, shaking his head. "You won't believe the ordeal I had with that new desk. I felt like it was taking away from my brain cells. I was on edge the whole time, trying not to mess up."

Tray chuckled. "Seriously? You're a tough cookie for even attempting it, though. Did you at least get some brownie points for the effort?"

Freddie rolled his eyes playfully. "Ha, maybe a few with furniture gods. But next time, I'll definately take heed of the instructions first."

"Well, you always seem to be on the edge of disaster with these DIY project," he teased, taking a sip of his own drink.

Freddie chuckled. "Yeah, I guess I thrive on the thrill of it all. Keeps life interesting, you know?"

Tray raised an eyebrow. "Interesting is one way to put it. But, at least you're racking up those brownie points, even if it's with the furniture gods."

Freddie nodded and clicked his glass with Tray's. "True that. I'll definitely be more careful next time, be it assembling furniture or tackling some other crazy idea."

Headline image by madebyvadim on Unsplash

1