An informal letter

An informal letter

travel
language exchanges
linguistics
culture

Hi everyone! I'm preparing for the C1 Cambridge exam so I'm practicing writing. I would like you to assess this one, please. The exercise is about writing an informal letter in 220-260 words, which should be a reply to an Australian friend asking for recommendations about spending his free time in Spain. I should suggest him a few indoor as well as outdoor activities. This is what I've written. I'd appreciate your feedback and corrections. Thank you :)

"

Hi Tom!

I’m very exciting for having received your letter yesterday. As we both know, it’s been a while since we haven’t heard from each other. If I remember well, since our last trip to England last year, by the way, I’m really looking foward to exploring a new country together again.

If I were you, I would spend undoubtedly one afternoon watching a comedy show in any of the theatres which you can find easily in the city centre. I promise you will have a fantastic time, the current comedians are so hilarious. A friend who works with them, told me that, not only in the main performances but in the rehearsals, they make him laugh all the time.

Besides that, I highly recommed you to going for a walk around the green areas in the outskirts of the town. Although it’s a bit cloudy today, take advantage of the great weather you’ll be able to enjoy for some weeks when you arrive. Even people like you, who aren’t a big fan of any physical activity, will be greatful of having spent some time in the nature.

To finish my letter, I wish you enjoy your language course, I’m sure you will learn a lot and make a bunch of Spanish friends. Moreover, I wish I can see you soon to make plans we both love, such as going to a karaoke on Saturday night of just having a cup of specialty coffee here in my terrace.

Best wishes,

Alex.

"

1