English Practice

English Practice

The foreign couple was visiting France for the first time. The first thing they wanted to do was eating a French baguette along with a croissant and a pain au chocolat. They immediately went to the closest bakery. To their surprise, it was quite empty and not overcrowded. In doubt, they decided to go for the crowded one. The next bakery, 30 meters farther, was filled with a long line of people coming in and coming out.

They smiled at the sight, then sighed again because of the waiting they would have to go through in order to eat a little bit of French food.

"Oh lord! I hope it's worth the wait..." said the woman, who was getting impatient. The couple hadn't eatean for several hours and they were starving. But the only thing that they wanted was to have their breakfast because they had never skipped one before. They would usually go for something salty when they were home, like fried eggs with bacon, or sometimes when they were running out of time, they'd only sip their cup of coffee and head to work.

Zfter waiting for almost 47 minutes, the couple now wanted to find a spot where they could quietly savor their pastry. When they had their first bite, the couple stayed silent and looked at each other. One of them had taken a croissant whereas the other had ordered and pain au chocolat. They tried to read each other, but their silence meant everything.

"I think we've made a mistake, dear!" said the man. The woman nodded and smiled, chewing her food. As they were hungry, they decided not to quibble and finish what they had paid.

"Maybe, we should've tried the first one?" said the man.

"Who knows?" she answered.

When they were done, they decided not to go straight to their hotel rooms. Instead, they wanted to go around the town. Not to far, they could see the famous "Eiffel tower".

"Should we go there, darling?" asked the woman to which her man nodded with a big movement of head.

After finding out their way to the Eiffel tower, the couple looked at the abundance of people and sighed again.

They found themselves very annoyed when they saw the long line that was ahead of them.

"Still a line!" the woman exclaimed.

"Yep, and longer than the one from the bakery. I hope it's worth the wait this time..."

2