English practice

English practice

"I'm staying" said the young girl who had no place to go to anymore. The girl had enough of thinking about an unreachable place that she would never see. It was only a fantasy of hers, and she no longer wanted to let the disappointment crush her heart once again. She knew that no matter how big her dream was, there would always be a shadow bigger that her dream. Today, she had officially decided not to be stubborn anymore. Tomorrow, she'll go back to where she had always belonged and appreciate where she had grown up. The town had seen her grow up into a beautiful young lady, and maybe that very same town will finally give her what she had always been missing.

She'd probably be happy that way, close to her relatives and friends whom she had always cherished from the bottom of her heart. She will find the contentment of a simple and selfish life that she didn't want at first until now. It took her years to understand that the unknown things she was aiming for were only the fruit of her imagination. Only the real and permanent things stay, and she had no intention of letting that go.

As she wakes up in the morning, she's grateful for her life and what it has to offer to her. And the more she thinks about it, the more peaceful her heart feels. Before, her heart was emply and close like a shell, now the shell had finally opened to let its old desires remain in the past.

"This is a rebirth," she affirmed, a smile upon her face.

2