Why I started using this website?

Why I started using this website?

language learning

For the first time in my life I'm being consistent in writing (even if it's only been 3 days). Writing has always been a hassle for me. Although I studied sociology and read both novels and articles, I do not consider myself a creative writer. I struggle to find words, and mostly doubt myself.

I've been living in Canada for 10 months. Since I came here, whenever I start talking to someone, I always start the conversation with "sorry for my English" etc. Because sometimes I pause for too long and stammer. But I'm not gonna lie, that has never been a problem. People are always kind and they always wait for me to find the right words. I do find the words, but the simple ones. My vocabulary is actually wide. I understand most of what's been said by the native speakers in the daily life. What I want to do is make my speaking better by forming longer sentences and using more advanced words.

This is one of the reasons why I started writing. To not make this process tedious, I use the strategy to browse the words that I came across over time. Thus, I find the opportunity to use the words I learned and avoid having a rusty vocabulary. My goal is to enhance my speaking and understanding capacities. I'll do my best to stick with my goal until I feel fulfilled.

1