Example Sentences

Example Sentences

When you put a hood on, your field of view gets smaller.

Because of his scant attendance this semester, the student had a lot to catch up on.

The students wrote (up?) a report on a nasty teacher, who'd been acting arrogantly and not teaching properly.

(To help you understand what I'm trying to say here, the point of the sentence is that the students turned/handed in a report, that said that the teacher had been behaving badly, implying or saying that he should be fired).

It's just one of those days where I've been rushing around doing this and that. And time is in short supply this morning.

I've just sat down and now I'm going to start doing work.

She was in a rush to get on her evening train.

This hoodie sits nicely on you.

This encyclopedia sits on my shelf at home, gathering dust.

You can take the practical exam only if you score enough points on the written one.

If you fail to report to the draft board after getting notified/receiving a draft notice, you will be fined. If you fail to report once again, you will suffer a more severe punishment, like detention, or worse.

If you are struggling with your essay, ask [insert name]; he/she has such a way with words.

We were hoping to stave off these difficult decisions until September.

The economists can only stave off the negative effects of the sanctions for so long.

I enrolled in a [insert language] class/course.

When we got back, the boat wasn't there. Apparently, it'd come undone.

Your shoelaces are untied/undone.

The shoelaces have come undone.

You don't have to crawl along in 1 gear at 14 km/h, just change up a gear.

If you go down a hill on manual, change down to a lower gear so that you don't overheat your brakes by using them too much.

1