IELTS WRITING TASK

IELTS WRITING TASK

TOPIC: You recently received a letter from a friend asking for your advice on whether to go to college or to try to get a job. You think he/ she should get a job. Write a letter to this friend.

Hello my dear friend,

I have recently received your letter concerning your hesitation about whether to go to college or apply for a job.

From my point of view you won't like a college because there are no such big differencies with a school system. Professors give more homeworks and you will spend your free time doing meaningless tasks. Moreover a lesson schedule is a nightmare, you will start at 8 am and finish at 5 pm. In addition to this if you will study in another city you have to live in a student dorm sharing one room with four people. In my opinion you will not have your own space and you are lucky if your neighbours will be neat and clean persons.

In my mind you should apply for some job instead of going to college. The first and the obvious reason is you will earn your own money and spend it on whatever you want. The second reason is you can be independent of your parents and rent an apartment. I believe if you get a job you will learn useful skills quickly comparing if you would go to a college.

I would recommend you to apply for IT position. I know that you are already know 3 programming languages. You can send your resume to Google because they are looking for IT specialists. You can start from junior developer.

If you have any questions please call me or write me any time.

Best regards

Denis

1