IELTS Writing prompts: I've recently moved to a new house

linguistics

Hello everyone! I'm here to practice my writing skills again with an IELTS prompt. The prompt this time is:

"You have recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you have moved."

---

Dear Beah,

I have to start this letter by apologizing since it's been a long time since I didn't reply your last message, but I promise you that I have some great reasons for it.

Some weeks ago, I've received an email from an owner of the house I mentioned to you that I wanted to rent. He said that the house was free now and if I want to talk with him to rent it. Well, what happened was that everything went pretty well and now I'm leaving in that house! So the reason why I've absent it is because I was so busy moving, there was so many things to resolve, everything was so hectic, I din't have time to do anything else. And on top of this I have some problems to be resolved in work too. Thank God my mom came to help me.

But everything is settle down now, and I'm really happy that I've moved finally. I liked the other house, but that house was becoming so small with everything that I have now, and I didn't like the location of it too much. But this new house is wonderful. It is located close to the downtown (I'll send you the address), it is bigger, it has 3 bedroom whereas the other one had only 1, with more room I'll be able to have one guesting room and transform the other one in my office. It also have a two bathrooms and a really large leaving room (we will be able to have some movie night!).

Anyway, there are others things excited about the house but I don't want to spolier anything, I want you to see the house in person! Why don't you come here this weekend? It can be either Saturday or Sunday, I'm free on both. I'm so excited to show the house to you!

Please, let me now if you'll be able to come, see you!

---

And that was it guys! Thank you so much for reading and for the help! If you are interesting in these prompts I got it from the app "IELTS Practicing Band 9". See ya!

Headline image by handiworknyc on Unsplash

2