Facts that nobody will ever bother to know

non-fiction

Hi! I’m back! It’s been such a long time since my last post that I almost forgot how to type on my iPad! I have been taking care of, you know, secondary stuff. To start with, I will tell you all some facts that you can totally baffle someone with it.

1. What is the plastic ring on the end of a shoelace called? It is called an “aglet”. This is so pathetically useless that I bet only people who spend a lot of time staring at shoes will bother to know.

2. If you flip a shark upside down, it will stop moving like it’s dead. Maybe you can try that (don’t!).

3. A group of prisoners is called a ‘pity’. Pity they’ve got such a pitiful name and I do pity them. Honestly, I think ‘a school of fish’ is also pretty weird. Do fish go to school?

4. There is a town in Welsh that is called ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’. They must spend a lot of ink on posters.

5. The Aztecs (which is a bunch of Indians that once lived in North America.) loved doing human sacrifices. In fact, they sacrificed a person every ten minutes on average! (The priests’ arms must be killing them!)

6. The longest word is 189,819 letters long. It is a name for a chemical. Later it was shortened to ‘titin’.

HOW DID THE PERSON EVEN NAME THE CHEMICAL?

7. The largest lego build took 5,335,200 lego pieces. Imagine the satisfying scene when it shatters.

8. The longest car (not train)has 26 wheels. Must spend a fortune on tires.

9. The largest planet ever, ROXs 42Bb, is 1.12 times larger than Jupiter. It is 13 times heavier.

1