TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD, by Harper Lee.

TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD, by Harper Lee.

reading
literature
art
law

Hi everyone! I'm preparing for the C1 Cambridge exam so I'm practicing writing. I would like you to assess this one, please. The exercise is about writing a review in 220-260 words, which describes a novel, saying what you liked about it, and explaining why you recommend it. This is what I've written. I'd appreciate your feedback and corrections. Thank you :)

"

TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD, by Harper Lee.

When someone talks enthusiastically abuot a classic novel, they could give the impression of having old-fashion interests. Nothing more away from the reality. Such pieces of art like ‘To Kill a Mocking Bird’, should never be forgotten. 

PART 1

The writer use an incredible innovate style along with an hilarious sense of humour.

This is especially shown in the detailed descriptions of the places and character that live in the Maycomb county, where the main plot takes place in the early 30s.

The main characters are a couple of members of the Finch’s family: Scout and her brother Jem Finch. In a matter of few chapters, you undoubdatedly will begin to get along with these little guys and will also want to discover their adventures further. 

PART 2

The second part is mainly focus on the trial of Tom Robinson. Atticus, Scout’s father, is the responsible of defend Tom, since this black man was accused of rape. Atticus will have to deal with the popular opinion of the town as well as establish pretty complex relations with all kind of diverse people: from the judge and the witnesses to the black maid Calpurnia. 

Recommendations

I have personally enjoyed this gripping and moving novel from start to finish. For someone looking for some pleasant and enjoyable reading, I highly recommed this novel and I would suggest to forget about the fact that it was written more than 60 years ago. I promise Harper Lee will not make you feel indifferent.

"

3