Impressionism Painting

Impressionism Painting

art
painting
design
culture

Work that I selected: The Garden Parasol by Frederick Carl Frieseke. 2. Write an experience-based text about the work of art that you chose using the following questions to help you: • What are your first impressions of this image? 

My first impressions of this image are two beautiful women resting and relaxing in a garden.

• How would you describe the image?

There are two women in a garden. Both are wearing beautiful dresses. One of the women is sitting on a chair and reading a small book. There is a parasol that protects her from the sun rays and there is another woman at her side smiling and looking at her. It seems like the woman standing at the right side of the painting wants to tell the other woman something. The yellow and orange colored parasol contrasts the green chairs, which adds more interest to this painting. • What period is it from?

It was created about 1910.

• How does looking at it make you feel?

I feel calm and delighted whenever I see this painting.

• What do you see that makes you feel that way?

The colors and the details make me feel this way. I love the clothes of the woman standing behind the chair and the blue shadows. 

• What reaction do you think the artist was trying to provoke? Maybe the artist was trying to provoke calm because the two women are relaxing in a quiet place. 3. Write a caption for the work of art that you chose that connects it to your text.

Two women relaxing in the garden.

2