Alternative medicines and treatments

Alternative medicines and treatments

Nowadays, a growing number of people with health problems are trying alternative medicines and treatments instead of visiting their usual doctor. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?

Answer:

Recently, more and more people use their own way to treat their diseases at home rather than visit a doctor. This phenomenon has both benefits and drawbacks. I personally believe that its disadvantages far outweigh its advantages.

First of all, alternative medicines and treatments bring some benefits. Basically, it is cheaper than going to the hospital. If you treat your diseases at home, you do not have to pay money for the hospital, the doctor, and the equipment. In most cases, these fees are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them. Furthermore, a few treatments have proved that they are quite effective. They have been used by many people for a long time.

Although this method has several advantages, it is still extremely dangerous and risky. First, we cannot make sure whether these medicines and treatments work or not. Doctors were trained for 5-6 years, and they have a lot of knowledge and experience. Therefore, they know what is better for us. When we treat ourselves, it is like an experience. If you fail, sometimes you have to pay with your life which is a very expensive price. Second, something that works for other people, it does not mean that they will work on you because our bodies are different. Last but not least, if you are allergic to the ingredients of the medicine, it will become a poison.

In conclusion, despite the fact that treating disease at home has some advantages, I strongly believe that we should go to a doctor when we are sick. We have only one life, so do not take risks.

0