Brain drain

Brain drain

Some people believe that professionals, such as doctors and engineers, should be required to work in the country where they did their training. Others believe they should be free to work in another country if they wish.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Answer:

Nowadays, brain drain is a controversial issue. Some people think that professionals should work in the country that they studied. Other people believe that they have the right to choose where they want to live and work. This essay will discuss both opinions and I personally believe that professionals are free to decide their future.

The common belief is that when a person is trained in a country, he or she uses the resources of this country, such as schools, libraries, and teachers. Some students even receive scholarships from the government. Therefore, when they graduate, they should pay back the country that supports their studies.

On the other hand, others argue that these professionals did not sign any contracts with the school or the government. Thus, they do not have the responsibility to contribute to them. They have the right to decide their future. Furthermore, some countries do not have conditions to help them develop their career and reach their full potential. For instance, if the professional’s major is biology, however, this country does not have good biological institutions and the number of biological research projects is very limited. As a result, this person cannot enhance his knowledge and skills here. If he immigrates to another country, he can have a better environment to develop and contribute more to the world and humanity.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that professionals can choose where to work as they wish because it is their human right and it is also beneficial to the global.

2