A difficulty to master the spoken language!

The most challenging point was fully understanding the natively spoken language while spending time with my colleagues and friends in the U.S.

I got some new words and phrases when I visited the U.S. It was important to get into the next level in my English conversation skill. I can communicate with my colleagues, friends, shop staff, and daily situations, but I was like I needed to ensure more natural conversation between native speakers.

For example, I could not understand the word "10 bucks" when I heard it the first time. I will listen carefully to surrounding contexts, and I could get it that "10 bucks is 10 dollars".

Also, I heard a lot of "You know what...". I have never used it daily because I just utilize English in the business scene. However, everyone uses this phrase a lot in their conversation.

I have been listening to and watching movies, drama series, and music roughly because I can understand the scenarios and situations even if I cannot pick up whole words. However, I need to learn about sorts of them to speak non-mother language freely. I want be able to achieve mastery of academic, business, casual, and spoken English. Casual and spoken phrases are what I found lacking points. I will try to improve it in English and Frech first.

I guess that every language learner thinks about it. How about you?

Headline image by dbeamer_jpg on Unsplash

0