Some observations

Some observations

Today I've had quite a busy day involving English and other things. And I want to share with you my observations regarding that. I've noticed that my English now has a tendency to deteriorate without proper practice. My guess is that I've stopped learning it actively: there's almost no communication in my target language (until now, at least) (which would suffice to keep progressing), no speaking practice and/or writing and reading. Today, apart from other stuff, I was having my second or third language exchange conversation with a native English speaker this month in a voice chat (I usually join voice-chats with several people, rather than talk one-on-one, although now I'm considering it as a more fruitful way of communication). The combination of nervousness and the lack of speaking practice was the culprit in my opinion. But then later that day, when speaking with several people with no pressure of having to come up with topics and having lots of fun, I was able to chip in whenever I felt like I had a joke to tell/a side note to put in.

I think I should talk to myself or to native speakers more. As well as that, I've started reading (again) and I discover so many new words and turns of phrases that are well-put and just reinforce all the stuff that I've learned through reading. I think I should work on this too.

5