Amanda Gorman, an inspiration for the new generation

literature
politics
history

On January 20, the Inauguration Day, the world discovered Amanda Gorman who is a 22 years old poet laureate. She performed at the Capitol where she read her inspiring poem "The Hill We Climb". This moment will remain in History.

I was in front of my TV this day, like many people around the world, watching the Biden inauguration when a young girl started to read a poem. At first I wasn't expected anything special because I am not really into poem, literature, etc. But while listening to her, I began to really pay attention to her pace, to the ideas and words she was using. She really captured my attention and actually I was quite surprised she did. She shared a beautiful and deep message of hope while evocating profound issues.

For me, I feel she is an important model for the young generation because she shows that we can do great and meaningful things regardless of our origins, social classes or age. She made me change my perception of poetry and piqued my curiosity. I believe in the future we will still be hearing from her and that she will accomplish great things.

Waiting for more successful and moving poems from her.

0