Learning through reading

Learning through reading

@MariaOldewage has given me the advice to read some books and they will help me to improve my grammar and vocabulary. This advice struck me. Not because it is a special advise or a big revealing for me or something (sorry Maria). It is a good generic advise. Always. I learn most of the times from books and articles. So I read a lots of English texts. But it is not working anymore or least not on the level I was expecting it will.

After a good sleep and some reading (some article and some references, not language related) I have noticed that I don't read so thoroughly as I used to. I consume the content but I don't care if I don't understand every world. That is okay mostly (my goal is to understand the content and not to enjoy the quality of the text) but now this behavior holds me back. Other problem is that the references and documentations don't have a board variety of words. Yep. Who would thought that? So yet again: I am my own enemy...

So today (after a very long pause) I started to read English literature again. My choose is 'My Family and Other Animal'. It is a great book but my reasoning was much more simple: It is already on my bookshelf also I have the original English version and the Hungarian translation. The hardest part is now to do not rush through but give time to enjoy the text and the content on the same level. I hope this will be a good practice with the daily journal. If it helps than I can write a list of foreigner books to read (outside of my daily need :) ) and go through them.

0