Small talk about XXX vocabulary

Small talk about XXX vocabulary

adventure

I am ready to claim that mankind has become resigned to the fact that in the feelings and relationships sphere it doesn't have the precise and concise words, to allow transmission of the exact comprehension between couples, when they express their feelings. The irony of the situation is when it comes to negative feelings, like hatred, hostility or simply dislike, usually we understand another person quite closer to her/his original sense and feelings. Unfortunately, when people try to confess or explain their best feelings towards each other, then this literary and pretentious vocabulary fogs their own senses and comprehension. The root cause is so obvious - these words: love, sympathy, affinity, infatuation, affection, affair, passion and hundreds others - almost all of them we fill in by our personal sense, based on books, films, conversations and our own life experience. Moreover, I would say that only a few of us are able more or less to define in words clearly what exactly true love is. Also, I've never heard that someone discussed and clarified the meaning of upcoming confession (It might look like that: my dear, before I will have told you one important thing, I'd like to discuss and clarify, what we understand the words "love" and "friend zone"? ;-). It seems as if we hope that our sacred and banal "I love you" will correspond somehow to "love you too" of our chosen one.

On the other hand, this ambiguity adds a lot of spice in relationships. More adventure, more emotions, more feelings, more pain... So, authors and writers, maybe it is time to invent the precise vocabulary of love. It's an ambitious challenge, isn't it?

3