World Chess Championship

World Chess Championship

Hi guys!

It is ocurring the World Chess Championship, and as I really love this board game I want to talk a little bit about it.

This is the second world championship that I've been watching since I started to follow chess more closely.

The first one was in December of 2021, the match was against Ian Nepomniachtchi vs Carlsen.

Carlsen ended up being the winner of the match.

Magnus Carlsen is arguably the best chess player of the history, and he decided he didn't want to play this match, he said he wanted to see some changes in the format of the game, so he withdraw of the championship.

Then tournament to set up who's going to be the one to play against the winner of the previous world champioonship is called candidates.

14 players trying to win the tournament to play against Carlsen.

But as I said previously Magnus decided he wouldn't play the championship, so the winner of the candidates and the second would be the ones who would paly the match.

Nepo was the winner (again), and Ding ended up being the second after a tough start.

So the match will be against Nepomniachtchi from Russian and Ding Liren from China.

Nepo is giving another shot to try to win the match, and for Ding Liren it is his first chance to be a world championship winner.

I'm rooting for Nepo, because I really like his playing style. He's currently the second highest rated player in the world, and Ding is the third.

The match is in the game 6, and it is being a great surprise to me.

In the match between Carlsen and Nepo the first 5 games were draws, and only in the game 6 Carlsen won in a great style.

However this match is being totally different, the first game was a draw, but in the second game Nepo won a game against Ding with white.

Up to that point almost eveyong that follow chess already was thinking Nepo would win the match against Ding without too much prolem. There are two reasons for that:

As Nepo already have played a world championship it would be "easier for him".

Ding didn't play classical chess as much as Nepo in the last three years, because as he's chinese there were some problems because of Covid.

But after the second game where Nepo was the winner, the third was a draw, but in the fourth game Ding won against Nepo, because he blundered a position, after not having used his time properly.

I don't know why Nepo do this, he just play a fast move in a critical position without trying to think deeper in the position. He also did this against Carlsen.

So, after this win I thought nothing was decided yet. And the following two games were another win to Nepo and another win to Ding. The result so far is 3/3 for both players. To be honest I have no idea who's going to be the winner, but I hope we can keep having this exciting games.

One of the reasons why these draws and loses games are occurring is because both players are really trying hard to get to a winning position.

So, either you're going to win or you're going to lose.

When Nepo played against Carlsen he was just trying to play as solid as possible, because Carlsen is much better than him.

The next game will be tomorrow, Nepo will play with white, I'm looking forward to see the result of this game!

1