CAE Cambridge exam - Writing task 2

CAE Cambridge exam - Writing task 2

research
language exchanges
linguistics

Hi everyone!

I'm preparing for the C1 Cambridge exam so I'm practicing writing. I would like you to assess this one, please. The exercise is about discussing foreign language learning in my country. The report should deal with the languages people learn, who learns them, where they learn them and recommendations for improvement, in 220-260 words.

This is what I've written. I'd really appreciate your feedback and corrections. Thank you :)

"

Introduction

The aim of this report is to comment on foreign language learning in Spain. It is going to be discussed different features and key considerations in the astonishing world of language learning.

Bilingualism

In our current hyperconnected multilingual world, the fact of being capable of speaking more than one tongue is more important than ever before.

More often, people are eager on learning languages beyond the most common ones such as English or French. Currently, in many international companies, recruiters are looking for candidates who are able to maintain decent conversations with Chinese or Indian native speakers.

Traditional methods

Almost every student has gotten English as a subject in primary school. Nevertheless, just a little percentaje of them reach fluency after leaving school.

One cause of that has to do with the fact that the majority of the teaching languages forms in the school are focus mainly on grammar rules and endless vocabulary lists. These approaches appear boring and no motivating for the students.

Recommendations

Nowadays, there are tons of series, movies and Youtube videos available in a whole range of languagues, which can improve our listening skills more than anything else.

So as to get better in speaking a language and to overcome the intermmediate plateau and eventually reach a native-like level is essential to use the language in our daily basics.

I would recommend daily practice with activities you already do and enjoy. For instance, if someone loves reading novels, they could read them in the language they are trying to learn.

"

2