Reading Challenge

Reading Challenge

education
research
productivity

Reading strategies are essential.

Honestly, I hadn't read a lot since I was a kid, also until I enrolled in the university last year. In addition, I have a unique point for remembering system. The system that I have is that it forgets everything if I take notes physically. So, I never noted something when I studied in school or got the training at the workplace because I can't remember anything if I write them down. However, almost teachers and co-work pointed out why you don't write down anything. In the beginning, I explained my memorizing type, but anyone couldn't understand. After that, I have never taught my style to people who are not interested in my case. Also, I just wrote down the line or character in the small notebook when I join in the sessions; it was fake action.

However, past few years, my memorizing skills are going down. I can't so much as remember the past 10 passwords and IDs today; it is so surprising for me. I actually went to the hospital and took some exams for Alzheimer's and dementia because I felt so scary. However, the doctor said that it was just a sign of age... It was a funny story surrounding me.

After, I have been pursuing recovery or improving my brain; exercising, eating good food, sleeping well, etc. Then, I realized that reading might be helpful in the recovery of my brain. Also, the calculation was good for me, I feel. However, I didn't like to read when I was a kid. So, I did not have any idea about reading strategies. In university, it was drastically changed. I can read a lot including academic papers, technical documents, etc. I understood that I could read something that I was curious about very. So, when I work on technical research in my job, I can do that. Then, recently, I have been learning which reading strategies can work well for me. Now, I'm interested in the SQ3R technique that one of the bloggers shared. I will try to utilize this method with her template in the next book. I am really excited to try to do that.

Do you have any strategies for reading? Do you like which type of reading materials?

Mimi

Headline image by siora18 on Unsplash

2