CAE Cambridge exam - Writing task

CAE Cambridge exam - Writing task

Hi everyone!

I'm preparing for the C1 Cambridge exam so I'm practicing writing essays. I would like you to assess this one, please. The exercise is about discussing two of these three methods that schools and universities use to help students find suitable jobs. The essay should explain which method is more effective, giving reasons supporting the answer in 220-260 words:

1- providing courses and qualifications

2- work experience programmes

3- careers advice.

This is what I've written. I really appreciate your feedback and corrections. Thank you :)

Applying for a job. Almost all the students need to overcome this process just when finishing their studies. However, every student should ask themselves: am I really prepared for this? A recent study of the most well-known and prestigious european universities has shown that almost eighty percent of the lective hours in the university are intended for theorical lectures. In my personal opinion, this afirmation needs a change.

Firstly, I strongly believe that in the university period, every subject must have scheduled implicit practical lectures with their appropriate certificates in their programs. Not only to provide the students the real useful habilities and skills for their future jobs, but also to reinforce their adquired knowledge during the classes.

In the other hand, I think the teachers would help the students a lot, if they shared their experiences in other fields beyond the most academical environment. I am sure this will spark the universitaires’ interests more than anything else.

As we all known, finding a fullfilling, rewarding and proper job could be an important challenge. Nevertheless, it is possible to face it quite early along both the school and the collegue stages. I personaly believe that offering on-hands-practice activities and practical courses is the most convenient and powerfull way to be able to get a job in the future. Our curriculum vitae will be more attractive to the recruiters undoubtedly.

3