Performing techniques.

Performing techniques.

art
cinema
tv shows
intercultural communication
dialogue

WRITE AN ESSAY SUMMARISING AND EVALUATING THE KEY POINTS FROM BOTH TEXTS. USE YOUR OWN WORDS THROUGHOUT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, AND INCLUDE YOUR OWN IDEAS IN YOUR ANSWER.

The first text affirms the stage and the screen acting are undoubtedly different, since require contrasting skills. The big screen allows the actor to play with facial expressions. It’s the subtle gestures the ones in charge of conveying the message. The audience can understand what the character feels thanks to the close-up takes. On the contrary, the stage actor must use all their body energy to transmit their feelings to the audience.

On the other hand, the second text addresses a related topic: the importance of voice training. Depending on the medium, actors use different techniques to make sure their voice transmit the desired feeling. Screen actors may need to pay attention to accent rather than volume. Stage actors probably have to make use of a more powerful voice. Voice actors might need to move their body to feel the same as their characters.

These texts examine specific skills actor need to train in order to give the best performance and offer an unforgettable show. It’s clear that actors should train hard to be as professional as possible, regardless of the medium or technique they’re improving. However, we can’t ignore the fact that artists need to be versatile. The best actors get out of their comfort zone, try their luck, experiment and do their best in more than one area. Combining the vocal and physical expressions will make them capable of working on both stage and screen.

0