The Old Man

The Old Man

family

Everyone transitions from the young to the old. That is how life evolves around us. A frail old man who is sitting by the window in hopes that somebody would stop by used to be an energetic kid whose world was filled with hopes and dreams. That old man who used to be an antsy teenager was pursuing what he believed through challenges. That old man who used to be a capable adult was working so hard to raise a family. But now, he is all by himself reminiscing the good old times. He has lived his life enough. There are not so many years left for him to live. He has stories to tell, but no one is there for him to take a trip down memory lane. That old man is neither a fictional character nor a specific person. He can be your grandfather or an elderly neighbor who lives next door to your house. He is an example of numerous elderly people out there who are slowly waiting for the day when they say goodbye to the world and leave everything behind. The excitement and high spirits have gone stale, yet loneliness has become their company. Having said that, who wouldn't want to spend the last days with their loved ones? Since they all have written lots of stories and memories throughout their life journey, they are still available for us to listen to before they all disappear with them. A conversation with a wise old elderly worth more than words can describe; it provokes a sense of nostalgia, philosophy of life, and general knowledge. Plus, most of the elderly can be good-humored as well. A person can never live an eternal life but their stories can.

Photo Credit: https://pin.it/3g5oS9A

5