It's all about the journey

It's all about the journey

productivity

I've just read a post from my friend about his English learning journey and I've got inspired to write a few words about mine. The thing is that despite being motivated to reach another level I found myself in the moment of my life when I don't have enough time to do everything I wish. Partly because of that I've been less active on Journaly for the last few weeks. I still have a lot to share with you here but it just takes a lot of time to be satisfied enough to publish an article, and unfortunately, I don't have much of it to spare. Similarily to my friend who found a great real-life opportunity to develop his language skills further I've seamlessly and unnoticeably started living my English as well. I've been working in an international company for a couple of years now and only recently I've gotten a lot of opportunities to progress professionally. I don't know if I've gotten them because I learned English that well or if they're just a coincidence and they would have happened anyway, but I like to think that's my merit. Maybe someone just noticed that I'd developed my language skills and soft skills - as a by-product of having a lot of conversations - and decided to give me a chance to show off professionally and boost my career to another level. Either way, the bottom line is that I'm still learning but in a slightly different way. I'm gonna embrace it as when I think back on when I started my learning journey it was one of my goals to remove the language barrier from my professional career path. I did it, but it seems that reaching the goal isn't that exciting. The words that I heard some time ago were never as true as today - "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey". That's why despite reaching the goal I still crave more. I've just become passionate about the process and I don't want it yet to stop. I know it's gonna be hard to keep up with all the activities but I'm fine with that. I can write shorter articles, and I can limit the number of conversations but I'll never end the journey.

2