Computurized voting

Computurized voting

The points made in the lecture cast doubt on specific points made in the readign passage for several reasons. Firslty, it argues that computurized voting may be difficult for people that are not used to computers (people who can't afford buying an electronic device or older people who aren't used to technology, for example). While in the reading, it is mencioned that computurized voting may be easier for the population because of the easy-to-use-touch-screen technology. Additionaly, it is mentioned that users can easily see the information and have a better experience.

Secondly, the lecture mentions that computers or humans are always going to make mistakes while counting the votes due to the fact that systems are created by human beings. On the other hand, the reading argues that by counting the votes one by one it's easier to make mistakes for the officials. Additionaly, it mentions that computurized systems remove the possibility of human error.

Laslty, the lecture argues that efficient computurized systems have been improved over the years. In addition, it mentions that voting in the United States only happens only one over two years. Nevertheless, the reading mentions that complex computer system trust is growing, giving as an example the banking transactions.

To conclude , according to the reading and the lecture computurized systems have pros and cons that have to be evaluated to make a decision about the next elections.

PS: if you have recommendations of words that can replace "on the other hand" and "mentions" please go ahead! It can be really useful for my language learning :)

1