The Train Ride To Machu Picchu

The Train Ride To Machu Picchu

reading
literature
adventure
nature
(I haven't actually been there -Though I would love to. This is just a narrative text we had to write. As always thanks for your feedback!!)

Never have I had such an incredible and magical experience as on the grand colourful train leading to one of the most stately sceneries of the world.

Since I completely relied on my budget, I chose “Expedition”, the cheaper option offered by Peru Rail. Nevertheless, it is an astonishing and modern train with panoramic huge windows that allowed me to marvel at the Inca´s landscape. Meanwhile, I could delight myself with typical Peruvian food and appetisers on board. “The Expedition” departed from Poroy’s station and forty-eight kilometres later, the decline leading to the Sacred Valley began. Twenty kilometres from there, the enormous majestic green archaeological park of Ollantaytambo took place. The train kept going until Aguas Calientes’ station, in Machu Picchu town, where the three-hour journey ended. Lastly, I took the bus in order to get to one of the seven wonders.

Every bright colour, every giant mountain, and all the amazing sensations that the train allowed me to experience are priceless.

1