Cold-hearted City

Cold-hearted City

weather
fantasy
This writing comes from my imagination. It illustrates the combination of loneliness and desparation in a crowded city. So, the story won't make sense or look real. The reason why I wrote this is to try out new styles especially descriptive writing. I always welcome feedbacks or suggestions.

In a bustling city, from drab buildings to skyscrapers, passers-by soaked up the atmosphere. Lost in the city, I didn't know who I was waiting for. My mind was carried away by unfamiliar faces that I could barely maintain eye contact. My body shrank every time I found myself in the center of stares.

I had half a mind to push myself away from these crowds. But, I was too stunned to get myself out of this situation. There was a question running through my mind - where am I heading? I felt like a lost person surrounded by a sea of people. Everything was happening inside my head. I wished I could disappear into the middle of nowhere.

The city had lost all of its colors. In the heart of the city, there seemed to be a sheer crack that unfolded all sorts of flaws. The breath I took no longer felt like home. The steps I took felt forceful and no longer alive. Once there were vigorous people, now turned into dull ones. Everyone appeared to give off cold unwelcoming vibes as if I was the uninvited.

As I passed through a few blocks on my way to nowhere, I caught the glimpse of someone who I could turn to for finding a way out. Almost immediately after having a glance at him, I lost sight of him. He turned into a butterfly, started fluttering, and dived into the rain cloud. Then, I looked up and saw him disappear. As soon as the lightning bolt flashed in the sky, I closed my eyes. The rumbling thunder destroyed the complete silence. Its echoes soothed me like a lullaby. When I opened my eyes, I felt the raindrops on my face. The pouring rain will flood the depression in the city sooner or later. I was relieved that at least, the rain was not dead yet.

P.S The image of this writing belongs to the rightful owner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mlexib/my_latest_acrylic_painting_i_call_home_always/

3