My Favourite Film

My Favourite Film

cinema
adventure
tv shows
tv series
movies

My favourite film is “The Prince of Egypt”. It is an animation based on the Book of Exodus. The soundtrack is one of the best I’ve heard. No matter how many times I watch this film, I never get tired of it. The film’s plot is about Moses, the prince of Egypt, discovering that he is actually Hebrew. Before he was born, the Pharaoh wanted to kill all the male Hebrew newborns. But he was rescued by the Pharaoh’s daughter, so he became the prince, alongside his brother Ramses.

Being now aware of his roots and the cruel reality, he escapes to the desert. There, he is called by God to be the deliverer of His people, since the Hebrews had been slaves to the Egyptians for over 400 years. Moses refuses at first, but ends up embarking on this risky task.

After coming back to Egypt, he realised his brother was now the new Pharaoh and it was going to be very difficult to convince him to let the Hebrew people go.

Only after several plagues and the death of the Pharaoh’s first born child were the Hebrews allowed to leave Egypt. They were freed from slavery and headed to the land of milk and honey, the promised land.

4