Countries should be more self-sufficient in food and basic necessities.

I have been asked to give a presentation with the title Countries should be more self-sufficient in food and basic necessities.

An outrageous proposition, you might say- but it is really? Let me ask you a question: Why an apple grown in your garden is the most tasteful in the world? That we all agree is that homemade vegetables and fruits have always better quality, taste better and make local people more proud. And probably there is another thing which can we agree on: they are healthier. How would you feel if you found out that our imported plants are injected with several pesticides? It’s not even a question worth asking, since the answer is so obvious. People tend to overlook the severity of this issue. It has been proven that since our country has allowed importing food the number of people coping with cancer has been increased incredibly. And this is the point that I am trying to make: by consuming imported food you are putting yourself at risk to evolve diseases. Preferring home produced, sessional plans is a way to go if you want to pursue a healthy lifestyle.

Another thing which I would like to emphasize is independence. Mankind is going through difficult times therefore being economically independent is extremely valuable these days. Be independent of other countries give a good deal of freedom which enables a right to make a smart and prosperous decision for the whole country. Of course, it is not feasible to be totally self-sufficient but the more a state is autonomous the more powerful it is.

If you consider these points, I hope you will see the issue in a different light and accept my argument.

1