A bit anxious

A bit anxious

psychology

When I was young, my mother told me about the war. She was thirteen in 1941 and she and her family appeared in occupation. Everything she described seemed to be from a book and was ages ago. I couldn’t even imagine that I’d live in the country at war.

Eight years ago it looked like something unbelievable and it was really scary. But we can’t last long under a lot of pressure and our psyche adapts to the circumstances. It became a little bit calmer. Every day you listened to the news about 2-5 wounded or dead soldiers. You felt like you had cut yourself pretty badly; blood had stopped, but the wound was hurt. There was a feeling of danger and anger, but it wasn’t sharp.

In recent days, they actively talk in the news about the big war again, and about foreign embassies which moved from our capital to another city. I’m a bit nervous, a bit anxious. I decided it would be good to take my mind off things and simply practice my English, but I understand I have nothing more in my thoughts now.

So, sorry for my depressing story today. Anyway, it’s my practice of written English, and thank you for editing my post.

2