Useful cliche in the crisis of our time

Useful cliche in the crisis of our time

philosophy
Rather, a life spent “not minding what happens” is one lived without the inner demand to know that the future will conform to your desires for it—and thus without having to be constantly on edge as you wait to discover whether or not things will unfold as expected. - Four Thousand Weeks

I have limited time, but most of the time, I can't think about we are mortal. If I really accept the idea of we will die, what happen? Would I have hopelessness or do I live more fully authentic?

I don't know what will happens to me, but the one thing I could expect that maybe I could accept the truth that I can't control my life.

In fact, my life is not mine because most of the case life shows me that what I don't expect. More important, birth and death is beyond my control. I'm not the master of my life, but I'm in a huge delusion about that. Every concern and anxiety come from the delusion.

I don't say that we don't need continuous effort, but every try to grab the certainty makes us more vulnerable, so we should try to continuous effort and accept the fact that the results is beyond our control. It's a cliche, but useful cliche in the crisis of our time.

2