The one with the festival. (C)

The one with the festival. (C)

travel
music
memories

A repertoire of good memories. November 2019

There was going to be a music festival that I truly wanted to go to but none of my friends could go with me, two of them were saving for a trip, another one was going to Chiapas, another one was going to have friends over and the rest didn't like EDM music, so, literally nobody could go with me.

So, I decided to go alone and I took a bus from Cancun to Merida (a 4-hour ride) and I stayed at a cozy hostel with a great location downtown.

At the hostel, I met a German girl who was backpacking in Mexico. We had dinner together before the festival, and the next day when she came back from Uxmal we hung out again at night and we went to another restaurant to have some traditional dishes. She was very nice and interesting.

Regarding the festival, I had a great time, I enjoyed the music and Tom & Collins' performance was superb. The best part is that after their set, Jorge Corral, one of the DJs, walked down the stage and took some photos with the crowd, so I got a photo with him. I'm no groupie but it was nice to talk to him.

The day after the festival, I went to a small town in Yucatan called "Izamal" where everything is painted yellow. It is one of the most picturesque places I have ever been to.

As a result of this trip, I realized that I don't really need anyone to have a good time, and even if I go alone I'll always find nice people along the way.

4