Untehered soul. My review (C)

Untehered soul. My review (C)

reading
literature
non-fiction
meditation

Untethered soul

This book is about the inner journey we must take to find ourselves, it was enlightening, although I did not agree with everything in the book.

One idea that really stuck with me from the book is that you are not the voice of the mind, you are the one hears it, you are somehow behind your thoughts, in the most peaceful place that exists, and from that place you see and experience everything and that part of you has always been and always will be.

Furthermore, another idea from this book is that in order to achieve peace, you most undestand why you percieve a particular situation as a problem. And you have to think before you automatically react to the situation unfolding in front of you. That idea left me thinking, because most of the time when something triggers me, and I ask myself why it bothered me, it usually doesn't have anything to do with what is happening in the present moment. Rather, it hurts me or affects me beacuse of an event that happened to me in the past and I didn't let it pass through, I didn't get over it, I held on to the pain, so it comes to the surface from time to time when someone "touches" the wound.

Later on, in the book it says that when a situation like this happens, it's an opportunity to first identify that we are holding on to the past and then to realease the energy and the pain we store. And, we can do this by not resisting the feeling, by letting the moment pass through. A great start is to deal with each situation with acceptance, so we can work on it from a place of clarity.

Finally, the last idea I took from this book is that "what actually gives life a meaning is the willingness to live it" and what better way to live life than being fully aware, to see life from the eyes of our true self, the one who is free from fear and the limits we have put on ourselves.

I would like to add that this was the first book I read in English and it was not as challenging as I thought it would be, I understood most of the words in the book. While reading I made a list of the words that I didn't know and I couldn't understand through context and I searched for the meaning after I was done with the book, I'd like to know what do you do when you are reading a book and you don't understand the meaning of a word.

1