Everything, Everything - Book Review

Everything, Everything - Book Review

reading
literature
fiction
romance
love

A review about a book called Everything, Everything written by Nicola Yoon.

'Everything, Everything' talks about an eighteen years old girl called Madeline who suffers from SCID. Probably you haven't heard about it so far, I hadn't heard either. SCID really exists but is a rare condition. People who suffer from it are considered allergic to the world. Yes. Allergic to the world. It means that there are a lot of triggers scattered over the world, they could be anything and be anywhere, and if a person who suffers from SCID be in contact with one of those triggers, he or she can become really sick or even die.

Due to this condition, Madeline lives isolated in her house. Actually, she has been living stuck at home for almost her entire life. She lives with her mother, Pauline, who is also a doctor, and her nurse, Carla. Only. No one else is allowed to enter her house. When it comes to her house, this one is completely equipped with the most advanced medical and cleanliness technologies in order to guarantee that there are no triggers anywhere inside.

You probably are thinking about what she usually does to kill time. She loves reading. Ah, she also has an online blog, where she writes reviews about all the books she has already read. Besides that, she usually plays board games and watches movies with her mother, and has excellent chats with her nurse as well.

Like you are thinking, the days were pretty much the same. In fact, they were, but just until a family moves to a house in front of hers. A boy, a girl, and their parents. Since the first day, Madaline and the boy, Olly, start staring at each other through the windows, and afterwards through emails. There were something different between them. It didn't take so much time to Madeline and Olly fall in love. But how to keep a relationship without seeing each other in person, without touching?

Thenceforth, a lot of things happen to this young couple that try to keep this relationship in different ways.

My two cents:

I have to say, Nichola Yoon, the author, did a great job while writiting this book. She envolves us in the story, and catches our attention to it from the very beggining to the end. What about the end of the book? It was completely out of the blue. After all, I highly recommend this reading. Besides, what a good book to read during this quarentine and social distance times, huh?

0