First Monday of the year

First Monday of the year

adventure
culture

For many of us, today was the first working day of 2022. For many, but not for me. I took an extra day off, so we had time to tidy away the christmas tree and the christmas decorations. In the afternoon I went to the waste processing company to dispose our house of the plastic waste. Last week I forgot to put the dustbin along the road. So I had to bring it myself. It was quiet at the waste processing company. Since this year, every family needs to pay an extra amount of money, every time you exceed the fixed amount of 10 visits each year.

Last week it was very busy there, due to these new rules. They even made an appeal to us not to bring our garbage anymore, hehe. A lot of people wanted to bring their waste there, to avoid extra costs this year. I saw that it is also possible to 'hand in' small, dead animals, for example the mice your cat conjures up every day. I had mixed feelings about that.

Although today the weather here is fine (for the time of the year), it could be better. Today for a couple of years we were on holiday in the Philippines. The first days of that year we enjoyed the nice weather there. We went to some tourist attractions, we swam in the deep blue sea, we had a bbq under a palm tree on the beach and we enjoyed the sunset, drinking juice from a coconut. It was like paradise on earth! Of course I couldn't refrain from wishing my colleagues good luck at their first day at work, showering them with pictures of white beaches, the deep blue sea, and people just doing nothing but enjoy.

My colleagues were quite envious at me, hehe ...

3