🎈 Journaly UI Translations! Now Available In Mandarin Chinese βœ…

β€”

journaly updates

Howdy, Journalers! I'm very excited to announce a couple of things as the Journaly platform continues along into new stages of its beautiful product journey ✨

1. Journaly Is Now Available In Mandarin Chinese! πŸŽ‰

Firstly, I'm very happy to announce that the entire Journaly User Interface is available in both Simplified and Traditional Mandarin Chinese! It was important for us to take the extra time and care to support both of these and ensure a beautiful, comfortable experience for everyone who may want to use the interface in Chinese. In case anyone is unfamiliar with this functionality, you can manually switch the U.I. Language from the Settings page under UI Language.

While this is primarily so that Journaly can be inclusive and provide a great experience for as many users as possible in their native language, rather than only providing an English interface, I love that on Journaly this can also be a very cool feature for people who might want to have fun displaying the interface in their Target Language(s) - cough cough LindasLanguages xD

A huge thanks to Harper-Tan for the amazing work translating everything! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

2. Expanding Our U.I. Translations

We built Journaly from the very beginning with all the infrastructure in place to support being able to display the User Interface in many languages. Even when we only had English support, everything was in place to expand this with great ease once the time was right, rather than requiring a huge refactor to add in that functionality later.

You have probably all seen that we support writing in a massive number of languages, ranging from the most widely spoken and commonly learned to endangered and even constructed languages. Along with this philosophy of wanting to support writing in any language you want, we also want to make sure that nobody is excluded from the best experience using Journaly no matter what language(s) they speak.

3. This Is Also A Journey

While we took the strategic approach of building Journaly with that (i18n) infrastructure from day one, we also had to be equally strategic about actually expanding the number of supported UI Languages. We have been improving Journaly at such a fast and consistent pace that if we translated the UI into lots of languages too early, those translations would be constantly going out of date and it could get very messy, very quickly. We added German support quite a long time ago thanks to the absolutely amazing help of @LindasLinguas who has also been constantly helping us keep the German translations updated as things have either been changed or added.

All that said, I believe that Journaly has now finally reached a stage where – while we are still constantly adding features, improving existing functionality, and fixing bugs – the platform has really stabilized a lot, and so I think it's finally time to add a few more languages πŸŽ‰

We have actually built our own internal tools to make this easier for the community to contribute to, but those still need a little more polishing before being fully operational. In the future, we want to make it incredibly easy and intuitive for anyone to see exactly what translations are missing or out-of-date, and to contribute translations seamlessly.

For now, though, I would love to see if any of you are willing to help us translate Journaly into a few more languages. We currently have an amazing volunteer translating everything into Italian, and we have partial translations for Spanish that I would love to have reviewed and completed. If you could comment down below with the language or languages you are willing and comfortable translating into, that would be amazing ❀️

Thank You All, As Always

I just want to thank you all once more for being here right now. I think it's so cool that you are all here at this early stage of the Journaly platform. This is a particularly exciting time to be here with us, because so much of the foundational work is done now – the insanely huge gigantic massive projects that built the foundational functionality and set of features you see today. From here on out, we can actually spend way more time building new exciting features that you will love and making all the existing features work better and better – I think you're going to absolutely love it :)

23