2016 Seattle Memories- On the Plane

2016 Seattle Memories- On the Plane

One of my dreams had always been going on a trip to the West and experiencing the differences from the East. From mid July to mid August 2016, I finally had the chance to travel to Seattle for around 1 month. It was the first time I went to the U.S. and the third time going abroad. Before that I had only been to Korea in 2005 and Cambodia in 2006. It's always exhilarating to travel abroad, but finally being able to go abroad again after 10 years, I really felt that this decade had made this trip much more special.

I was very lucky to be arranged at a window seat because I could look outside and enjoy the view. It was around evening when the plane flew into the west coast of the U.S. from the Pacific Ocean. While we were above the land, what came into view were countless trees and those little cubes which were actually houses, and then along the way, we also flew across some wide water areas(not sure whether they were lakes or the bay) and bridges over the water areas. Meanwhile, what literally attracted me the most was the sunlight over the roofs and the treetops, making the city look golden, shining and amazing.

As the plane got closer to the airport, it flew lower. Once it was low enough for me to have a closer look at the houses, roads, and trees in the city, my heart beat so fast. In short minutes, we were about to land. My dream of going to a western country almost came true. Though it was happening, everything still seemed so unreal that I couldn't believe it at the moment. Feeling excited, curious, nervous, looking forward to the journey..., all emotions happened at the same time that no words could precisely describe my feeling.

As the plane was landing, things started to pass by a lot faster. In those last moments where I could overlook the city from the plane, things were just moving too fast that I really wished I'd had the ability to freeze time to have a few more seconds to enjoy it. The landscape, the vibe, and the style of houses were so different from those of Taipei. The view from above was beautiful and unique, and I knew I was stunned to the core that I couldn't get enough of it. I also used my phone to record all of the window view during the landing. Now whenever I look back to those videos, I still feel the same as how I felt!

2016西雅圖回憶–飛機上

到西方的國家旅遊、體驗與東方的不同之處一直是我的夢想。2016年七月中到八月中,我終於有機會到西雅圖旅遊近一個月。這是我第一次到美國,也是第三次出國。在那之前,我只在2005年時去過韓國,及2006年時去過柬埔寨。出國旅遊一直是很令人興奮的事,但對已經有將近十年沒有出國的我來說,相隔十年真的讓這趟旅程顯得格外特別。

我很幸運可以被安排在靠窗的位子,因為這讓我可以看到外面的景色。當飛機從太平洋飛入美國西岸時,大概是傍晚的時候。飛到陸地上空後,映入眼簾的是數不清的樹和恰似小方塊的房子和,沿路也經過了廣闊的水域(不確定是海灣還是湖水)和穿過水面的橋。同時最引人注目的是遍布屋頂和樹頂的陽光,陽光為整個城市灑上金色的容貌,看起來很耀眼、很令人驚豔。

當飛機越靠近機場的時候,它就飛的越低。而當它低到足以讓我清楚看到城市裡的房子、道路和樹時,我心跳的好快,再過幾分鐘,我們就要降落了。我的夢想似乎快要成真了,雖然它正在發生,但所有的一切都還是令我感到難以置信。興奮、好奇、緊張、期待…,所有情緒都混在一起,沒有任何字可以確切形容當下的感受。

當飛機正在降落的時候,窗外的景物移動得好快。在這些我可以從飛機上俯瞰城市街景的最後時間裡,我覺得一切都過得太快了,如果有能力的話,真希望可以暫停時間,讓我再多看幾秒。這城市的地景、氛圍、房子的樣式都與台北大不同。從上俯瞰的景色很漂亮也很獨特,我知道我已經徹底的被驚豔,永遠不會有看膩的時候。當飛機降落時,我也用我的手機紀錄下了一切,現在每當回顧這些影片時,我還是跟當初一樣有著相同的感受!

1