Uni-Struggles

Uni-Struggles

education
productivity

Ever since Covid came around, life has been hard on me.

I'm in my third semester of university and I'm a Journalism major, so getting to know new ways of online-communication is actually helping me acquire more knowledge in my field of study.

But not all has been well since we completely switched to home-schooling...

Summer was brutal.

I seriously considered dropping out of school every single day and I felt miserable for most of 2020 because of it.

The organization was horrid. The lecturers weren't able to use Zoom or even our uni-homepage properly and it didn't improve at all over the course of the last semester.

At home, I had no place to study because all members of my family were home as well. So every time I'd get in the mood for studying and finally focus on my tasks, someone would walk into my room, the phone would ring, the dog would bark loudly and just not stop for 30 minutes... you name it.

My final exams went terribly as well. I wasn't able to perform the way I wanted (and honestly needed) to.

I made it though.

And now, everything is honestly going great. This semester, I started out more organized than probably ever before. I am ahead on all of my classwork, I (mostly) didn't procrastinate and all my lecturers keep complementing my work.

But most importantly: I got back the confidence that I am actually a good student.

I am more motivated than ever.

We'll see how long that lasts... ;)

0