Man as A Beauty

Man as A Beauty

romance
psychology
relationships
tv shows
intercultural communication

Can you imagine a man with athletic body is perceived as a beauty and then make ladies feel inferior?

This TV show, Word of Honor, captured my heart fondly. Not only for the brilliant acting by Zhang Zhehan as Zhou Zishu, but for the entire team work. They made the audience could see Zhou Zishu as a beauty in Wen Kexing's eyes. Even in the farewell concert, the way he smiled and shoved his long hair was so soft and graceful. The fans then called him 'princess', 'fairy', and 'nation's wife'.

I also felt inferior because of him. I realize that I usually ignorant with my own behavior. I refused to follow cultural norms that dictate how a woman should conduct. Especially in patriarchal culture, that expect woman to behave soft, conformist, graceful. I know, when I grew up and felt in love, I did became more feminine. I knew I could not run away from my culture and how they shaped me. The fact that he was more graceful than me, gave a hard slap on my face.

Good for self evaluation though. And after discussed it with my husband, I relieved that he loves me unconditionally.

Edit:

Here comes the revised version based on the feedbacks.

Can you imagine a man with an athletic body is being perceived as a beauty and making ladies feel inferior?

This TV show, Word of Honor, captured my heart. Not only for the brilliant acting by Zhang Zhehan as Zhou Zishu, but for the entire team work. They make the audience see Zhou Zishu as a beauty in Wen Kexing's eyes. Even in the farewell concert, the way he smiled and shoved his long hair was so soft and graceful. The fans then called him 'princess', 'fairy', and 'nation's wife'.

I also felt inferior because of him. I realize that I am usually ignorant with my own behavior. I refuse to follow cultural norms that dictate how a woman should conduct herself. Especially in patriarchal culture, which expect women to behave softly, conform, gracefully. I know, when I grew up and felt in love, I did become more feminine. I knew I could not run away from my culture and how it shaped me. The fact that Zhang Zhehan was more graceful than me, gave a hard slap on my face.

It is good for self evaluation, though. And after I discussed it with my husband, I was relieved that he loves me unconditionally.

3