Why i learn languages

Why i learn languages

education
language learning
hobbies

I started learning English when I was 10 years old and now at 16, I am totally in love with languages, after 7 months of learning languages because I want to and not because I have to I feel like I can say that I finally found my passion.

I got into kpop last year and I was a bit scared to say that I discovered the language because of kpop but it´s the truth, I really fell in love with the language and also because I wanted to be able to understand my favorite idols and kdramas.

After learning Korean for 7 months I would say that I am maybe 1-2 months away from being at an early intermediate level which I am really proud of to be honest, anyway, moving on to the next language.

Mandarin Chinese, I wasn´t planning on learning mandarin my intention was actually to study Japanese but I came across mandarin and I realized that it could be more useful but I also found it super challenging which was really motivating for some reason. So I decided to leave Japanese behind and start learning the beautiful language that is mandarin, I struggle sometimes obviously but it´s been really fun and even though I am on a really basic level right now I am highly motivated and it doesn´t matter how long it takes I´ll reach that fluency.

Ok, let´s talk about Italian.

I really wanted to start studying another language during summer break and I wanted something "easy" and just for the weekends so I decided to study Italian because as a native Spanish speaker it is kinda similar and easy for me, I haven´t studied it that much but it´s super chill and fun to do it twice a week, my goal it´s not to reach fluency or an intermediate level soon but to take it easy and just have fun with it.

4