How I learn Japanese kanji

How I learn Japanese kanji

My journey in Japanese language started with hiragana and katakana. These are Japanese alphabets, which with kanji make a Japanese writing system.

Firstly I thought, that I'll never be able to remember even those alphabets; all characters were so weird and beautiful at the same time. But with everyday practicing I finally learned all these characters.

After hiragana and katakana I had to start learning kanji, but after my experience with alphabets I've never told myself that I can't do that or that it's too hard. I just started, and that's all.

Usually I use an app called "Kanji Tree", I can train there both reading and writing. But learning kanji in context is very important, so I use website "jisho" to see example sentences.

I also train handwriting, because that is the best way to remember stroke order. Since I've never told myself that this is too hard, I really enjoy the process. Image of this note is a part of a training page, I just look at the stroke order and after 2-3 kanji write it by myself, only looking at the stroke order if I am confused whether it's right or not.

Sometimes I do that with kanji which I already learned, because otherwise I will probably forget everything (but more often I use kanji tree).

And lastly, but probably it's one of the most important things - I learn kanji pronunciation in context, so that it's easier to remember kanji's reading.

Thank you for reading, if you have any other advises, please share in comments, it will be useful for me!

1