Pegasus

Pegasus

science

Hello everyone, this week I am trying something new. Based on various newspapers and viral videos on social media, I am trying to tell you about a spyware Pegasus. I've researched a little bit about this spyware through internet in last couple of days and I want to aware readers over this platform.

My cover picture exactly indicates the icon of this spyware, a white horse with wings. The company used Greek mythos to name and picture it. Israeli NSO group made this spyware to handle terrorism and to catch offenders who are indulged in criminal activities. A great example is, recently Mexican government caught a drug dealer using this spyware. However, it is in news due to its functioning and government response. It can directly hit our personal life and influence our way of living. Its peculiar functioning make it more lethal and I am going to elaborate it in some few lines.

Most of the malicious software needs a little bit of information about yourself but functioning of this app is totally different from others. It can install in your phone with just a missed call or a text even without your response to it. It does not need your permission to install. After that it can easily handle your phone's applications like starting recording audios and videos and then share it to third person. It will definitely influence in a big way like as a normal person our life doesn't effect at all but for political tycoons or targeted person it can be spammed so easily. Some cases were seen in last few months when this app secretly records personal meetings of politicians in France , the USA and India. Various reports also counter attacked on government, said that government owned this app for themselves too to influence their oppositions and to spy big personalities.

Committees are on their way to handle it but as an aware citizen our responsibilities are to not ignore these threats. As a language exchange people we have to share our information and contact numbers to others which is very obvious and helpful. If we countercheck the information of third person before giving our details and starting texting on social media instead exchanging numbers early, we can reduce this risk at an extent.

Thanks, I hope you will like this journal. I am looking forward to see my errors and your comments. Have a great weekend to all.

2