多语书友会开始了!

多语书友会开始了!

multilingual book club 02

大家好!

I am both excited and nervous to participate in this Multilanguage book club as it is my first time. The book I have chosen to read for the month is 再见,小天使 by 邓秀茵.

For the next month I will try my best to read it and post any thoughts I have about it. Since my Chinese is still pretty rudimentary I will most likely be posting in both English and Mandarin.

The summary:

你是否曾经想过,你的身边,有一个小天使?你开心的时候,它也开心;你不开心的时候,它替你担心。

欧阳若一,在一次意外后,就看得见跟随在自己身边的小天使哈比利。它头上顶着黄色光环,背后还有一对雪白的翅膀。它纯真善良,跟若一形影不离。它告诉若一,原来,在人类看不见的地方,除了小天使,还存在着恶魔!小天使会引导人类做好事,恶魔,却会怂恿人类做坏事。坏事越做越多,恶魔的力量会越来越强大,到最后小天使会被赶走,人类的心就被恶魔掌控了。不过,这一切都是天使与恶魔世界的秘密,若一已跟哈比利约定,不可泄露让第二个人知道,否则就会引来意想不到的后果。

然而,有一天,若一却违反了这个约定。他万万没想到,因为这样,他也许就要永远地和哈比利分开了……

Have you ever thought that there is a little angel just beside you? When you are happy, the angel is happy; when you are unhappy, the angel worries for you.

After an accident, Auyong RuoYi found that he could see the little angel beside him. It had a yellow halo above its head and a pair of snow-white wings on its back. The angel was kind and followed Ruo Yi around. The angel told Ruo Yi that, in the world unknown to human, apart from angels, there were also demons. Angels guided humans to do good things, while demons incited humans to do the bad. The more bad things humans do, the stronger the demons’ power would grow. In the end, angels would be expelled and the human hearts will be controlled by the demons. However, that was the secret between the angelic and the demonic worlds. Ruo Yi promised the angel that he would not reveal the secret, or else it would bring about unfortunate happenings.

However, Ruo Yi broke his promise one day. He did not realize that as a result of that, he might never see his angel again…

1