Sapiens

Sapiens

science

Today I am going to review a book which is one of my favourite too. The name of the book is Sapiens by Yual Noah Harari, certain interesting facts make this book worth reading. The three books trio series about human's past gave it four ratings in almost every platform.

As I already discussed about the human culture and its significance in today's world, so for today, I want to write about the three major revolutions that happened in millions of years ago till one thousand years ago. The author rationlized whole history into three broad revolution categories these are cognitive revolution, agriculture revolution and scientific revolution and we are going to discuss about these three.

In cognitive, he emphasized on development of the languages and the different religions that developed around 70,000 years ago, he talked about that special thing in homo sapiens that was the growing brain with the changing time not in terms of innovations, thoughts but also in terms of volume. He compared the initial growth of minds in different species with respects to the sapiens' family. For say Neanderthal men have had cranial capacity of 1400 to 1600 cubic centimeter while homo sapiens still have 1200 to 1400 cubic centimeter despite the fact that they went extinct so early.

For agriculture, he talked about how seeds information in tiny societies went through continent to continent. By the time when natural resources had been disappearing , surplus production of agriculture made us self sufficient. Muscle power of searching food converted into healthy practices of agriculture.

Now we all know how agriculture turned into a new sphere with technology like hydroponics and hydro plants don't even want soil to grow, desert farming once impossible dream made possible by Israel , pesticide distribution through drones shaped agriculture now an emerging subject among countries.

For scientific revolution, we all know past five hundred years records, back to back innovations especially rapid industrial revolution after 18th century made humans dominating species on earth , we are now able to send space aircrafts in search of life in other planets. Once we had even struggled for life in front of big mammoth animals.

I must say all the three revolutions are big milestones in human history, if I would ask you to pick one what would be that one revolution that you like most?

4