The Taj Mahal

The Taj Mahal

architecture

Today I am going to talk about a monument from my country which is very popular among us. I would place it in an architectural category although I am going to explain a little bit about its history too. I hope, you will like it.

I think you probably heard the name of the Taj Mahal, if not, I am going to tell you in the next few lines. It's a beautiful monument in the city Agra in Uttar Pradesh, which is a northern city in India. It was listed in the seven wonders of the world. Its history belongs to the Mughal era somewhere around 14th to 18th century but it was built in 1648 by Shah Jahan as a memorial of his wife Mumtaaz Mahal. So basically it is a tomb. During the Mughal period lots of monuments were built by different kings and the policies were diverted to architectural establishment in that era.

As for the location, It is in the center of the city we often call it heart of the city. It is surrounded by beautiful greenery and man made water bodies. Surrounding water bodies make replica in the water, which makes it more beautiful in the daytime. White marble (Makrana marble) were used in this architecture which gives a peaceful environment. Lots of myths about the labors who made the structure are common in my country like the king brutally cut the hands of the labors so no other duplicacy will be made in the future, but many critics and authorities proved it wrong. People come to visit to see the 'structure of love' and the positive ness around the place. Locals say it will make a strong bond between couples, so it is a symbol of love and they relate it with the lovable person. I am inviting you to visit this place once in your life if you are from another country.

Thanks, I hope, you will like this small journal.

3